Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dave On Dave Action. Thursday. 9pm.

The stand-up show I filmed in Birmingham in February goes out this week. On Thursday. The 28th. At 9pm. On Dave.

I'm holding a Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the photo because the dog and I both appear in a short VT about my home town - Stafford - which is at the start of the show.

It was a really fun live show and I think they've done a grand job in the edit. I hope you can watch it.

In the spirit of full disclosure I feel I ought to say that it does contain material from the last tour.

It also contains sets by the brilliant Isy Suttie and Simon Evans. I was really chuffed when they both said they'd do it. I think the three of us makes for a good blend as we each push at slightly different comic doors.

On the night of course it wasn't just the three of us. No, no. This series the nice people at Dave added in an extra act to a) give the punters more fun on the night and b) get some extra footage for their website etc. I love Ellis James and thought we were very lucky to get him. Here's a short clip from the night.



Thanks to everyone who's pointed out on twitter that I'm getting a little porky. I was writing a book at the time. It involves sitting down and eating biscuits. I'm getting slimmer now. But thanks for your concern. Oh... no... not concern. Mockery. That's it.

Did I mention the time? It's on Thursday, April 28th. 9pm.

I imagine you-know-who will be watching it to help calm his nerves on the night before his big day. And no doubt she'll be watching too.

Then again, maybe they won't.

5 comments:

Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

Did you have any say who the support acts were?

I enjoyed them both. Though I had not heard of them before this show. I hope they get some more exposure now.

So... when is Dave the controller of Dave?

Will be interesting to see what your choices are.

Dave Gorman said...

I did have a say, yes. I think it's important to pick acts who do different things but who blend well.

But my evening of being the 'comedy controller' was last Saturday.

It's part of the pr for the One Night Stand shows... each Saturday the headline act from the next episode of One Night Stand gets to choose the schedule and introduce the shows.

Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

Ah, bum... I had a family day (my mum & I spent the day with my daughter)

Oh well.... I enjoyed your choice of acts on the One Night Stand.

Paul said...

Do you know when (if at all) this will be repeated?

Missed it and didn't record it but would love to see it.

P

Stephanie Clackworthy said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one who finds it easier to write when munching a bickie!